Queensland Scuba Diving Locations Map
The Queensland coast is riddled with amazing dive locations. These locations are divided into regions which include:
- South East Queensland - the southernmost strip of Queensland's coastline, from the New South Wales border to Hervey Bay.
- Southern Reef - from Bundaberg to Rockhampton, including the Capricorn Bunker Group and Swain Reefs.
- Whitsundays - the waters and reefs surrounding and beyond the Whitsunday Islands, making up the southern part of the Great Barrier Reef (read about popular Whitsundays dive sites here).
- Central Reef - from Bowen, at the northern tip of the Whitsundays, to Mission Beach, south of Cairns.
- Coral Sea - the oceanic reefs beyond the Great Barrier Reef, approximately 300km offshore.
- Tropical Northern Reef - from Cairns to Cape York, the northernmost point of Australia.
Flights to the Queensland coast can be made to Cairns, Townsville, Proserpine, Mackay, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Bundaberg, Maroochy (the Sunshine Coast), Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Read our quick guide to scuba diving in Cairns,
Queensland Diving Locations Map, Queensland Tourism
This map is not to be reproduced outside Queensland Tourism guidelines. e-CBD is not able to give permission to reproduce this map.